Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund - Hedged
(as at 29 Feb 2020)
|Performance||1 mth %||3 mths %||1 yr % p.a.||3 yrs % p.a.||4 yrs % p.a.||Since inception % p.a. *|
Unit price as at 31 Mar 2020
Redemption price $ 0.9937
Net asset value $ 0.9954
Application price $ 0.9971
Quarterly Investment Update, December 2019
(as at 29 Feb 2020)
Fund update - February 2020
The Fund currently holds 33 global infrastructure stocks and returned -7.1% in AUD hedged terms for February, which was more defensive than the global listed infrastructure market as measured by the reference index^.
Ontario electric utility, Hydro One was a positive relative performer compared to the benchmark, up 0.1% in local currency terms as it benefitted from a strong 2019 result and the large drop in bond yields.
Likewise, UK regulated utilities, such as National Grid (-2%) and Severn Trent (-4%) whilst down, were down less relative to the reference index2.
US utilities were generally weak despite having a long rate cycle and valuations that are relatively sensitive, compared to the infrastructure sector, to moves in US 10-year bond yields.
Globally airports were considerably weaker as governments implemented travel restrictions connected to COVID-19 and globally air travel came under pressure. Airports are currently 6% of the Fund.
As is often the case with sharp, short-term movements in markets with indiscriminate selling, we are seeing select opportunities emerge in the global listed infrastructure space of which we are looking to take advantage.
^The Reference Index is the FTSE Global Core Infrastructure 50/50 Hedged to AUD Net of Tax Index
PERFORMANCE DISCLAIMER: Please note that the figures above represent past performance, and past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Returns are volatile and may fluctuate quickly and significantly. Neither Maple-Brown Abbott Limited nor any other person makes any representation nor gives any guarantee as to the future performance or success of, the rate of income or capital return from, recovery of money invested in, or income tax or other taxation consequences of, any investment in the trusts shown on this website.
* Inception date is 14 July 2015.
** Total return is based on the movement in net asset value per unit plus distributions and is before tax and after all fees and charges. Imputation and foreign income tax offsets are not included in the performance figures.
*** The benchmark is the OECD Total Inflation Index + 5.5% p.a #
About the Fund
The Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund - Hedged is an actively managed global listed infrastructure securities portfolio with a focus on regulated, contracted and concession assets or networks that provide essential services. We will substantially hedge the Fund’s currency exposure back to Australian dollars.
Currently, the Fund gains exposure to global listed infrastructure securities by purchasing units in the Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund.
The Fund aims to outperform the benchmark over rolling five-year periods. The benchmark is an accumulation index, maintained daily by us, comprised of the OECD Total Inflation Index plus 5.5% per annum.
- Investment expertise: the opportunity to invest in a fund managed by a dedicated team with many years’ experience
- Investment return: the potential to provide investment returns in line with the investment objective
- Investment growth and distributions: access to an international share portfolio that aims to deliver medium to long term capital growth, along with the potential to receive quarterly distributions
- Broader investment opportunities: access to investment opportunities, markets and risk management techniques not generally available to individual investors
- Regular reporting: comprehensive investment reports and transaction, distribution and annual tax statements
- Liquidity: timely access to your investment including daily unit prices
(as at 29 Feb 2020)
Latest Fact Sheet
|Fund size||$ 363.0 Million|
|Inception date||Jul 2015|
|Unit pricing frequency||Daily|
|Minimum initial investment||$ 20,000|
|Minimum additional investment||$ 5,000|
(as at 29 Feb 2020) †
|Atmos Energy Corp|
Value and balance sheet characteristics
(as at 29 Feb 2020) †
|Number of Stocks||33|
|Dividend Yield (%)||4.2|
|EV/EBITDA * (x)||11.8|
|Gearing (Net Debt/EBITDA) (x)||4.4|
* Enterprise Value/Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation.
Based on fund weighted averages.
(as at 29 Feb 2020) †
|Annualised Daily Volatility (%) *||9.9||11.6|
|Beta vs MSCI World||0.7|
* Since inception.
(as at 29 Feb 2020)
(as at 29 Feb 2020) †
The Zenith Investment Partners (“Zenith”) Australian Financial Services License No. 226872 rating (assigned June 2016) referred to in this document is limited to “General Advice” (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001) for Wholesale clients only. This advice has been prepared without taking into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any individual. It is not a specific recommendation to purchase, sell or hold the relevant product(s). Investors should seek independent financial advice before making an investment decision and should consider the appropriateness of this advice in light of their own objectives, financial situation and needs. Investors should obtain a copy of, and consider the PDS or offer document before making any decision and refer to the full Zenith Product Assessment available on the Zenith website. Zenith usually charges the product issuer, fund manager or a related party to conduct Product Assessments. Full details regarding Zenith’s methodology, ratings definitions and regulatory compliance are available on our Product Assessments and at http://www.zenithpartners.com.au/RegulatoryGuidelines.
The rating contained in this document is issued by SQM Research Pty Ltd ABN 93 122 592 036. SQM Research is an investment research firm that undertakes research on investment products exclusively for its wholesale clients, utilising a proprietary review and star rating system. The SQM Research star rating system is of a general nature and does not take into account the particular circumstances or needs of any specific person. The rating may be subject to change at any time. Only licensed financial advisers may use the SQM Research star rating system in determining whether an investment is appropriate to a person’s particular circumstances or needs. You should read the product disclosure statement and consult a licensed financial adviser before making an investment decision in relation to this investment product. SQM Research receives a fee from the Fund Manager for the research and rating of the managed investment scheme.
The Lonsec Ratings (assigned as follows: APIR MPL0006AU - May 2016; APIR MPL0008AU - May 2016) presented in this document is published by Lonsec Research Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 658 561 AFSL 421445. The Rating is a ‘class service’ (as defined in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 (NZ)) or is limited to ‘General Advice’ (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and based solely on consideration of the investment merits of the financial product(s). In New Zealand it must only be provided to ‘wholesale clients’ (as defined in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 (NZ)). Past performance information is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of future performance. It is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold Maple-Brown Abbott Australia Limited product(s), and you should seek independent financial advice before investing in this product(s). The Rating is subject to change without notice and Lonsec assumes no obligation to update the relevant document(s) following publication. Lonsec receives a fee from the Fund Manager for researching the product(s) using comprehensive and objective criteria. For further information regarding Lonsec’s Ratings methodology, please refer to our website at http://www.beyond.lonsec.com.au/intelligence/lonsec-ratings. Neither Maple-Brown Abbott Limited nor any other person makes any representation nor gives any guarantee as to the future performance or success of, the rate of income or capital return from, recovery of money invested in, or income tax or other taxation consequences of, any investment.
Here you will find the distribution history for the Fund.
Generally, the main components of distributions are dividends received, and interest, realised capital gains and other income derived by the Fund, less fees and expenses.
The distributions are expressed as cents per unit.
|Date||Cents per unit||Div 12-H Summary||Taxable Component Summary|
|31/12/2019||0.6500 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||Tax Component Summary|
|30/09/2019||0.6500 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||Tax Component Summary|
|30/06/2019||1.4280 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||Tax Component Summary|
|31/03/2019||0.6500 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||Tax Component Summary|
|31/12/2018||0.6500 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||Tax Component Summary|
Unit price history
Here you will find the unit price history for the Fund.
|Date||Redemption price||Net asset value||Application price|
|31/03/2020||$ 0.9937||$ 0.9954||$ 0.9971|
|30/03/2020||$ 1.0012||$ 1.0029||$ 1.0046|
|27/03/2020||$ 0.9824||$ 0.9841||$ 0.9858|
|26/03/2020||$ 1.0051||$ 1.0068||$ 1.0085|
|25/03/2020||$ 0.9553||$ 0.9569||$ 0.9585|
|24/03/2020||$ 0.9148||$ 0.9164||$ 0.9180|
|23/03/2020||$ 0.8456||$ 0.8470||$ 0.8484|
|20/03/2020||$ 0.9037||$ 0.9052||$ 0.9067|
|19/03/2020||$ 0.9202||$ 0.9218||$ 0.9234|
|18/03/2020||$ 0.9246||$ 0.9262||$ 0.9278|
^ Ex price.
Forms & reports
Forms & reports
Below is a range of important forms and reports that are available.
To invest with us you should ensure you have read the sure Statement (PDS), including the Additional Information Booklet (AIB), before completing the Initial Application.
The Fact Sheet will provide you with an update on the Fund including performance and positioning.
Existing investors should use the Additional Investment Form below.
It is easy to invest with Maple-Brown Abbott, just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Read the current Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
Carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) including the Additional Information Booklet (AIB) to ensure that you understand how the product works and the risks involved.
Step 2: Make an Application
New investments can be made Online.
Investments can also be made using the forms below.
Step 3: Investment confirmation
Once your application and payment are received, you'll receive confirmation of your investment details.
Still need help?
Investing is easy with BPAY®
BPAY® is a secure payment facility that enables you to invest directly from your bank account into your Maple-Brown Abbott funds using your phone or internet banking service.
Why use BPAY® ?
BPAY® is an electronic funds transfer payment method, initiated by you, from your bank account to your Maple-Brown Abbott investment account. By using the convenience of phone or internet banking, BPAY® allows for the prompt (next business day) transfer of funds into your investment account.
The Biller Code for the fund is 310680
Note: by using a Biller Code to make a BPAY® deposit, you acknowledge you’ve received Product Disclosure Statements (PDSs) for the managed investments in your account and agree to receive PDSs (including information about significant events or matters affecting them) electronically via the MBA Online Portal.
When you start investing with Maple-Brown Abbott, you’ll be provided with an investor number. Use your investor number as your reference when making payments via BPAY®.
To invest in a Maple-Brown Abbott fund using BPAY® you need a Biller Code and Reference Number.
|If you’d like to make a payment to this fund||Biller Code||Reference Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund - Hedged||310680||Your investor number|
How do I start using BPAY®?
- Register with your financial institution’s phone and/or internet banking service.
- Obtain your BPAY® Biller Code and Reference Number.
- Contact your financial institution via phone or internet banking and provide the required security details (such as password and user ID).
- Follow the prompts for the BPAY® payment facility. You’ll need to provide your unique BPAY® Biller Code and Reference Number, and payment amount and the bank account from which your payment is to be made.
- The details of the transaction will be repeated back or displayed for you and you’ll be prompted to confirm the payment.
- You’ll then be given a receipt number for your reference.
- You also need to ensure the BPAY® deposit matches the online instructions given to your financial adviser (for example, correct Biller Code, and the payment type and deposit amounts are the same). If the instructions don’t match, we may not be able to match the payment to the deposit and it may be allocated as per the default investment instructions and up-front fee specified on your account.
Note: instructions submitted by your financial adviser online only remain valid for 30 days, so you need to ensure a BPAY® deposit is transferred within this time frame.
BPAY® deposit limits
Daily BPAY® transfer limits are enforced by all financial institutions. You’ll need to check with your financial institution to obtain the daily transaction limit for your account.
How is my BPAY® deposit invested in my MBA investment account?
BPAY® deposits are automatically allocated to your Maple-Brown Abbott investment account on the next working day.
Will I receive confirmation?
Your financial institution will give you a receipt number which confirms it has identified and authorised the BPAY® payment instruction. You should keep this for future reference. You can also check the MBA Online Portal to confirm the transaction has been made.
Fees And Costs
Management Costs *
% 1 & 2
% 3 & 5
1) Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted on a GST inclusive basis and net of any applicable Reduced Input Tax Credits.
2) The base fee is the fee we charge for managing the assets and overseeing the operations of the Fund, expressed as a percentage of the net asset value of the Fund. The Fund invests part of its assets in other funds which we manage. Base fees in those funds are either rebated or not charged, in respect of an investment by the Fund to avoid double counting of fees in respect of those underlying funds.
3) All other components of the management costs are based on the indirect costs and recoverable expenses incurred during the prior financial year ended 30 June.
5) Under the Fund’s Constitution we are entitled to be reimbursed for authorised expenses incurred in managing and administering a Fund, however at present we have chosen not to be reimbursed for routine fund expenses including registry, custodian, accounting, audit costs and legal expenses (excluding transaction costs) which are paid by us out of our base fee. Any levy payable to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) may however be paid out of the Fund.
* Fees may be negotiated if you are a wholesale investor as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Transactional and Operational Costs
|Total transactional and
|Net transactional and
1) Transactional and operational costs represent the estimated costs from the Fund’s investing activities. These costs are in addition to the management costs. The transactional and operational costs are reflected in the unit price and impact the performance of the Fund. These costs include brokerage, settlement costs, clearing costs, stamp duty and other taxes on an investment transaction. It also includes the difference between the price paid for purchasing securities and the price that would be payable if selling securities (i.e. bid/ask spread).
2) Buy-sell spread recovery represents the amount charged to investors that relates to investor applications and withdrawals.
3) Based on the estimated costs incurred during the prior financial year ended 30 June, expressed as a percentage of the average Fund net asset value.
Buy / Sell Spreads *
|0.17 / 0.17|
* The buy-sell spread is an additional cost to you. This ensures existing investors are not disadvantaged due to the costs associated with buying or selling the Fund’s investments as a result of applications and withdrawals.